God Hears Grandma's Prayers

By Angela Wittman

"Bring that baby back. If you're scared to bring her back, put her somewhere where you know she'll be safe," said Mary Foiles. She added, "They're going to catch him. I pray to God and God answers my prayers. They're going to catch him, maybe not right away but they will catch him. And I just wonder if that man knows he's going to burn in hell."
(Source: Girl's Grandmother: Kidnapper Will "Burn in Hell" Hundreds Gather, Praying For Alisa Maier's Safe Return, KTVI Fox 2 News, St. Louis, Mo.)

The words spoken above by a praying grandmother of an abducted child in Louisiana, Missouri says it all. God does hear the prayers of Bible-believing Grandmas and this story of the abduction of a four-year-old little girl in a small town in Missouri is proof.

According to news reports, the little girl was abducted from her front yard on Monday (July 5th, 2010) evening while playing with her six-year-old brother. She was then found abandoned at a car wash in Fenton, Missouri, a little over 24 hours later. Her hair had been cut and it appears the kidnapper was trying to disguise her identity to be that of a little boy. He is still on the loose at the time of this writing and authorities are urging him to turn himself in.*

The little girl appears to be unharmed and has been released from the hospital. One can only attribute this happy ending to what could have been a tragedy to the Lord Jesus Christ who reigns from on high over the affairs of all men.

Scripture tells us "The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29, KJV) This should serve as encouragement to His people and as a warning to those who do not know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour.

Grandma Mary Foiles is right; the man who abducted her granddaughter is going to burn in hell, as will many others who refuse to submit to Christ in repentance of their sins and turn in faith to Christ and His atonement upon the cross.

* Alisa's abductor has been identified and committed suicide on Wednesday, July 7, 2010 when police officers approached him at a residence in Hawk Point, Mo. for questioning.


All Time Popular Posts